Video Surveillance for Child Care
Childcare centers are perfect for video surveillance. With the number of working parents increasing, childcare is becoming an essential part of early education. A video surveillance system at your day care or childcare center can help keep children safe and provide parents with peace of mind.
Benefits of Daycare Security Cameras
Easy to Install – You can install a surveillance system with wireless IP cameras in minutes, just set up the router and mount the cameras, and they will self-configure.
Protect Children and Employees – A video surveillance system helps you keep track of your employees and children at all times. Keeping intruders and unwanted visitors out is easy
Secure your Building – Video surveillance, in tandem with other security methods like access control or ID cards, can help keep your building safe from intruders, thieves and vandals.
Remote Broadcasting – A security system that uses IP cameras and an NVR (network video recorder) allows you to transmit your videos over the internet. If you own multiple day care centers, this allows you to check in on any of them at any time. You can also give parents the web address to security feeds in your playroom and playground so they may check on their children
Improve Image – The enhanced security provided by video surveillance can give a good impression to potential customers and give your current customers peace of mind.
Risks of Video Surveillance at Childcare Centers
Privacy – In order to protect the privacy of your employees and the children you care for, keep security cameras in public places like playrooms, playgrounds, and nap areas.
Configuration of Security Cameras at Care Facilities
Child care (daycare, preschool, community centers, nannies, et al) centers security needs vary widely in size and location. Consider each of the following when purchasing and setting up your video surveillance system:
- What do you consider to be your most important security issue?
- Does your surrounding neighborhood have security problems?
- How much does your facility interact with the neighborhood (eg walks, going to the park, going to movies or museums nearby)?
- What kind of security system do you currently have in place?
- Have you ever had issues with break-ins or theft?
- Has there been a time where you wished you could have caught an incident on tape?
Setup Advice for Daycare Surveillance
- Place cameras in open areas at your facility so that children are monitored at any time during playtime, naptime or meals.
- Cameras in your parking lot can help prevent theft and vandalism to staff and parent cars.
- Place cameras near front entrance in order to get a clear picture of everyone who enters and exits your building.
- Fixed cameras near valuables (electronics, office safe, etc) can protect them from theft and vandalism.